Wiseco leads the performance aftermarket by producing the highest quality forged pistons for Harley-Davidson in the USA.
- Wiseco is unique because they forge all of the pistons in house and produce all of their own forge tooling in the USA.
- This allows them to control all aspects of our manufacturing process from raw bar to skirt coating finished parts.
- In addition, in-house dyno testing gives Wiseco the ability to develop state-of-the-art technology such as new shapes, coatings, and components, and lead the industry through rigorous R&D.
- Linking all segments of Wisecos organization through design, testing, manufacturing, and distribution allows to fulfill market needs with minimum lead-times.
- Extreme racing conditions demand the strength and toughness that only forged pistons can offer.
- Compared to cast pistons, forgings are tougher and more durable, and will stand up to the abuse that high performance motorsport applications require.
- Most castings are brittle, have no grain structure and tend to fail catastrophically when the material yield strength is exceeded.
- Forgings have condensed grain that is aligned to the features of the part, which produces higher mechanical properties, and resistance to impact and fatigue.
- Each forging is designed to optimize the strength-to-weight ratio, and maximize performance of your Harley-Davidson Motorcycle.
NoteFits Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 86-later (1200cc Upgrade)