Vance & Hines manufactured exhaust that is modified to EC regulations with an EC / ABE approved cartridge baffle. This make the Thorcat a 100% legal exhaust system. Includes the Vance & Hines Power Chamber for maximum torque. With the impressive 2-1/2" in diameter, full-length 220° heat shields and chrome plated billet end-caps these will look great on any machine. Note: 87-06 Softails require 981623 O2 sensor plugs. Note: Euro 1-2 certified exhaust comes with an EC / ABE approved non-removable cartridge baffle.
- What is a Thorcat exhaust system? Thorcat are original Vance & Hines exhaust systems that have been modified by replacing the original baffle with a Thorcat EC / ABE approved cartridge baffle, and a catalytic converter is added too. These changes result in an exhaust system that is 100% street-legal, and EC and ABE (Allgemeine Betriebserlaubnis) approved
- With a Thorcat you get the excellent manufacturing quality of Vance & Hines and a smile on your face when you get pulled over, safe in the knowledge that your exhaust is legal throughout the European Union.
- What exactly is changed? For Euro 4 systems the original Vance & Hines baffle is replaced by a Thorcat EC approved cartridge baffle and a catalytic converter is added too. The cartridge baffles and catalytic converters are welded in place and are non-removable.
- For what bikes is the approval valid? The EC / ABE certification is valid for unmodified stock bikes, for the specific models and model years as mentioned in the product descriptions.
- Registering your Thorcat? Every Thorcat exhaust, and the individual components used for approval, come with a unique serial number. You must provide the bike's VIN number (frame number) to register your exhaust system in the Thorcat register, a document on how to do this is included. Online registration under firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once registered, you will receive a Thorcat ID card that can be used to prove the legality of your exhaust system.