The Baker DD6: a Direct Drive 6 speed transmission builders kit convert your stock 5 speed into a smooth, quiet and efficient touring machine with a 6-speed.
- Chrome trapdoor with engraved DD6 Logo
- Anti-Overshift ratchet pawl 3.24:1 Stock ratio first gears
- 28-tooth compensating sprocket yields 14% more starter system torque.
- Longer primary chain included
- Fixed spindle shift drum for smooth, low inertia, drum indexing
- Full width Baker ground gears
- Helical 4th, 5th, and 6th gears equals smooth and quiet
A helical, or twisted, gear tooth form allows the gears to roll and slice into each other for a graceful gear connection. This design grants the smoothest feel and a quietest execution. The conventional slapping together of gears is noisier and vibrates more, but it handles more torque. That is why 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears are still conventionally straight-cut. These are the gears that you typically rip though to get to the higher gears bear the most torque from take-off.